Have fun, ride a bike! Sports Junkies has so many kids bikes we have to hang them from the ceiling. Come check out our great deals!…
Sports Junkies prides itself on having the best selection of new and used kids bikes at unbeatable prices!
You’ll find new and clearance bicycles from Louis Garneau, Rocky Mountain and Miele, as well as tons of other options in used kids bikes. Finding the right size won’t be a problem, we carry all sizes from Push Bikes to 26″ Wheels.
Plus, we also have some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff in the city. Don’t be afraid to stop by and see us, we will be glad to help you get started!
How to Choose the Right Kids Bike
First of all, we suggest coming into the store to get sized up properly. All kids are built differently and the same is true for kids bikes. As a result, the typical sizing may not work. That being said, let’s take a quick look at the basic outline for kids and youth bike sizes:
- 12″ Wheel – 3 to 4 years old.
- 14″ Wheel – 4 to 5 years old.
- 16″ Wheel – 5 to 6 years old.
- 20″ Wheel – 6 to 8 years old.
- 24″ Wheel – 8 to 12 years old.
- 26″ Wheel – For youth or petite adults that are too tall for a 24″ wheel bike.
A few other things to keep in mind when purchasing a children’s bike are:
- It’s best to start a 3 to 5 year old on a push bike, rather than training wheels. Therefore allowing them to develop there balance first, making the progression up to a pedal bike much smoother.
- A lighter bike is much better than a heavy one. This will most certainly make the learning process less painless for a child, as the bike will be much easier to handle.
Want to Sell Your Kids Bike?
You can bring in your used Kids bike into the store anytime before 6:00pm daily. We will then assess the bike and let you know if we are interested in buying it. To find out more about this process, read over our purchasing policy.